Central Australia Arts Directory
Be the first to advertise in Central Australia Arts Directory!
We are developing centralaustralia.info for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Central Australia for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Arts in Central Australia?
Central Australia is a thriving region for businesses in the creative, performing, and visual arts industries. From art galleries to music venues, there is something for everyone in the Northern Territory. In this article, we will categorize, list, and describe some of the top businesses in this category.
1. Araluen Arts Centre: One of the most popular cultural destinations in Alice Springs is the Araluen Arts Centre. This gallery has a vast collection of artwork from local and international artists, including painting, sculpture, and photography. Visitors can enjoy exhibitions, films and performances, and workshops to hone their skills. The center is open seven days a week and charges a minimal entry fee.
2. Mbantua Gallery: Another exciting gallery that deserves mention is the Mbantua Gallery. Located on Todd Mall, Alice Springs, it houses a large collection of Indigenous artwork from the Central Desert region. The gallery represents artists from over 20 remote communities and showcases various art forms, including paintings, sculptures, and prints. It's an excellent place to buy authentic souvenirs or gifts. The gallery is open Monday to Saturday and offers worldwide shipping of artwork.
Performing Arts Venues:
1. Araluen Cultural Precinct: Along with the Araluen Art Centre, the precinct also has an outdoor amphitheater that is a popular venue for music and theater performances. The amphitheater is surrounded by stunning scenery and can accommodate up to 1800 people, making it ideal for large events. Over the years, the precinct has hosted many renowned performers such as Yothu Yindi and Paul Kelly.
2. Alice Springs Entertainment Centre: Another venue that attracts large crowds is the Alice Springs Entertainment Centre. It’s a multipurpose arena that frequently holds concerts, comedy shows, and sporting events such as boxing and basketball. The Center can seat up to 4,500 people and has a catering facility that provides delicious food and beverages during events.
Visual Arts Services:
1. Alice Springs Drawing Group: For individuals who are interested in developing their drawing skills or would like to meet other artists, the Alice Springs Drawing Group is an ideal place to start. It is a small informal group that meets every Tuesday to draw landscapes or still-life subjects. Everyone is welcome, from beginners to professionals. The group meets at different locations, and details can be obtained through their Facebook page.
2. Slippedy Do-Dah Art Studio: For children and families, the Slippedy Do-Dah art studio is a fantastic place to explore their creativity. The studio offers painting workshops, sculpture, and clay classes, among others. The classes are held in a relaxed environment, which allows children to express their imagination freely. The studio is open Monday to Friday and offers private classes and birthday party packages.
the Central Australia region boasts a vibrant arts community with numerous world-class galleries, venues, and services. Whether it's painting, drawing, music, or theater, there is something for everyone. These are just a few of the many businesses in the region that are dedicated to promoting art and culture to locals and visitors alike.
Araluen Arts Centre: Address: Larapinta Dr, Alice Springs NT 0870, Australia Phone: +61 8 8951 1120
Mbantua Gallery: Address: Roma Bar St, Alice Springs NT 0871, Australia Phone: +61 8 8952 5571
Araluen Cultural Precinct: Address: Larapinta Dr, Alice Springs NT 0870, Australia Phone: +61 8 8951 1120
Alice Springs Entertainment Centre: Address: Speed St, The Gap NT 0870, Australia Phone: +61 8 8950 0500
Alice Springs Drawing Group: Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ASdrawinggroup
Slippedy Do-Dah art studio: Address: Shop 9, 3 Wilkinson St, Alice Springs NT 0870, Australia Phone: +61 416 143 940
Central Australia Arts Articles